Blackwater Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tara's backstory and MISC

Go down

Tara's backstory and MISC Empty Tara's backstory and MISC

Post  Admin Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:58 am

6-8-07 Tara's Letter

Tara’s Intro for BlackWater

I walk along the concrete sidewalk, not too far from the park. On my back was a small black cloth bag over my shoulder, full of book and materials for the up and coming new school year. What fun for me.
As I walk, I try not to look up at anyone if they pass me by, and instead, try to enjoy the scenery around me. It’s surprisingly a nice day. The sun is shining, yet there still a few small clouds slowly drifting about in the bright sky. A gentle breeze flowed through my black hair, and some falls in front of my eyes. I don’t mind. For a moment, I forgot all my worries, fears, and sadness that loomed over me like a rain cloud. But like all dreams soon, I’m snapped out of my moment when I realize I’m already almost home. Fear and depression quickly keep into my mind. I can barely stand it school, with all the people there that acted like they were important, but I can name one place far worse than school. My own home. That is where my parents are, or at least most of the time. The people who didn’t trust their own daughter, meaning me. They ignored me most of the time, and treat me more like a guest then apart of the family. But I guess they do have a good reason, since I am different. I’m not saying normal different. I mean, I’m really not a normal human. At all. I am ‘classified’ as someone who is a Gifted. For those who have no idea what I’m talking about, a Gifted is a person who has unique and supernatural powers. My power is fire control; I can summon fire into my hands and do as I please with it. Though, I don’t really know much about my power or about Gifteds. My family never talks about it, and I’ve never met another Gifted before. And it then makes me wonder, if it is an honor, or a curse to be one of these unusual people.
I turn a corner and begin to walk along next to a white and high brick wall. Not too far ahead is a metal gate, with black spikes sticking up at the top. Yes. This is indeed, the outskirts of my front yard and where my house is. I stop when reach the gate and look out towards the large yard ahead. The freshly cutgrass shifts gently with the wind as a breeze came, and glowing tint in with sunlight. Near the sides, right nest to the wall were neatly cut and organized hedges, with bright red roses. Some would think this land belonged to someone of royalty, but it was like a jail to me.
I unlock the black gate and enter the yard, slowly making my way toward the house. I dragged my feet as I neared the large house, and felt like there were rocks in my stomach. It was hard to imagine for me that anyone would actually enjoy living like this. But, that is probably ‘cause I have to deal with my family everyday I come home from school. They bug me about anything. School, what I did at school, who I talked to that day, my grades, any tests or quizzes, the subjects could go on forever. My parents were so paranoid about me, and going out somewhere, even just going to school. But I know. It’s because I was so different. They were probably worried I would burn something down, or I would hurt someone. But they aren’t keeping me away from other people because they were worried about me; they were too worried what other people would think of them and our family. They think I’ll bring shame to them, and I would be an embarrassment. My heart aches with sadness, yet flames with anger. I felt my hand in a fist, but took in a deep breath to keep myself calm. Every time I get anger about something, it always makes my power act up.
I slowly walked up to the large wooden door of the entrance to my house, waiting for my father and mother to open to door and start throwing all sorts of questions at me. But to my surprise, I didn’t even see them around. Confused, I opened the door, and took a few steps inside before closing the door behind me.
“Hello? Is anyone home?” I listened as my own voice echoed through the house. The inside entrance of the house had a white marble floor with a long black rug that stretched from the front door to the bottom of the large staircase. The kitchen was about a yard away, and towards the side some was the living room. I glanced up the marble staircase a few meters away, seeing if anyone was just happened to be upstairs, but I noticed that the door to the living room was half open. My mom usually kept that room closed unless they were in there with a guest over, or a meeting. But I didn’t recall any meeting today. If there was going to be one, my parents usually told me to just stay upstairs in my room and keep away from the guest. Out of curiosity, I silently made my way over to the living room door and peek inside.
Both of my parents were inside, but they weren’t sitting in their armchairs with some guests, or having a meeting with some businessman about who knew what. They were standing near the oak wood desk in the corner, and talking quietly with each other. I leaned my head into the room a bit further to get a better look.
My mother seemed uneasy and disturbed, even though she was wearing her normal special and expensive designer’s outfit. Her short black hair with in a bun on the back of her head, and she brown eyes were fixed on my father. Her face with in my direction, but she seemed too much into the conversation she was having with my father to notice me.
My father stood in front of her, with his back to the door, so I couldn’t see his face, nor if he had the same expression as my mom. He appeared to have put of grease in raven black hair, but it seemed to be a bit messy, as if he hand been running his hand through his hair. Besides that, he appeared to be normal; wearing one of his work suits and his suitcase nearby. But I then noticed that there was a piece of paper in his hand. It was a bit crumbled in my father hand, and he appeared to be taking turns looking at it with my mother.
I decided to take a chance to figure out what was going on, and took a step into the living room.
“Mother? Father? Is… everything alright?” I asked, looking at my parents, though I felt myself try to not look straight at them, worried that they would scold or yell at me for just walking into the room.
Surprisingly, both my mother and father jumped when they heard me and whipped their heads around to look at me. They seemed surprised as well, and there was a moment of silence. My father was the one who broke the moment. “Ah, Tara. You’re… back from school. I-I thought you would be back later.” He said slowly. He seemed a bit annoying, and frustrated about something. I felt my glaze drift to the paper in his hand, but I quickly looked back at my father. “Um, father, I always come home from school at 3:30. You even said yourself that you wanted me back home as soon as possible.” I said, a little annoyed. Because you think I’m a freak and you don’t want me to embarrass you too. I angrily thought to myself, but I would never dared to say it aloud.
“Ah, er, right then. Don’t you have homework to do then?” My father asked, the usual strong and demanding tone back in his voice. My mother behind me just looked at me, a disappointed look on her face like I had done something wrong. But I knew that look; they did this every time they just wanted me out of the room. But being polite (or I would be severely punished), I answered my father. “I finished all my homework at school during free period. We also had a few study halls in some classes.” They got quiet again, but my mother shook her head and suddenly snatched the paper from my father’s hand and walked over to me. “Tara. There’s something that came today. It was for you, but when I showed it to your father, he wanted to take a look at it first.” “Katherine!” My father interrupted my mother, his voice angry and annoyed. My mother ignored him, and continued. “It appears to be an application to a school. A special school.” I didn’t quiet understand what my mother was talking about, but she seemed very anxious about this letter. I finally managed to find my voice, and asked, “What’s so special about it? Plus, school has already started.” Though, school had only started a few days ago.
I soon saw grin on my mother’s face as she looked at me. “It’s a Gifted school Tara. You know as well as I do that you need help with your… power.” I couldn’t help but wince a little, but I knew what she was talking about.
A few years ago, when I first got my fire powers, I had burned down our last home. I had never felt so guilty in my life. And what made it worse, a few months later I burned down an entire school. During the fire, ten kids were severely injured and burned, and most of them had to be rushed to the hospital. Afterwards, the people at my school called me a monster, a destroyer, a freak. I lost all my friends, and that’s also when my parents told me to never go over to anyone else’s house, and to just head straight home. My parents also began to act differently when I was around. They never looked at me like a daughter, and kept me away from all wood objects. They even threw out some wooden furniture that had survived the last fire in the house; and when guest were over, they order me to stay in my room and not come out ‘till the guests were gone.
I had hoped that sooner or later my parents would just forget about it, but that would never happen.
I looked sadly at my mother, and just nodded me head, and waited for what else my mother had to say.
“I would have just handed this to you as soon as you got home, but your father refused. He thinks that you should just stay at home, and hope that your power will just disappear if you don’t use it at all, and you go back to normal.” My mother glanced over her should towards my father, who was mumbling something to himself, but it was too soft to make out what he was saying.
“But…” my mother looked back at me, continuing what she had to say. “I don’t think it will go away. You need to get out of the house, and learn about it so you won’t hurt anyone.” I felt a sharp pain hit at my heart. I felt insulted, but she was right. I knew almost nothing about my power. A few years back, my father made me practice controlling my firepower so that I could keep it from suddenly acting up. That had amazingly worked, but I didn’t do anymore with my power. I could tell my mother was waiting for me answer her with something, and said softy “Well, I can see I don’t really have a choice of if I’m going to this school or not.” But as I thought, I was actually hoping that I would be allowed to this Gifted school. I would be able to meet others like me at last! Other people who have powers, and know what’s its like to be shamed, bullied, hidden. But my father spoke up, and my dream disappeared. “But Katherine, do you really think it would be wise to let a 15 year old girl, who is… different, to go to this school? I mean, we know nothing about this place. What if it’s just some dump that teaches a bunch of low-life kids?” my father protested, slightly glaring at my mother. My mom, on the other hand, acted very calm as she turned to face him. “Well last I checked, you are not the one who is going to this school. And maybe this a good thing, for both Tara and us.” She said, looking straight at my father. My father kept his glare, but he seemed to understand was she meant and relaxed his body. Both of my parents looked back at me, and my mother spoke up again. “Tara, this is up to you. I don’t mind either way if you want to go to this school, or stay here. But, I do think it would be wiser if you went to this school. Now, here’s the letter so you can read more about this Gifted school for yourself.” She said as she handed the piece of paper to me. I was a little surprised as I slowly took the letter, and glanced down at it in my hand. My parents usually never let me do anything that I wanted to do in this type of situation. They’d just ignore me, and decide with themselves. I smiled as I looked up at my parents, and said quickly “Yes, ok mother. I’ll let you know as soon as I’ve decided.” My mother and father just smiled, and without saying anymore, walked passed me and left the room. I closed my eyes after they had left, and just smiled. At last, maybe I would finally get some freedom in my life! I looked down to my hand that held the letter, and slowly opened the letter in front of me. Pulling the paper out, I unfolded it and read it.
It was almost like a dream. A school where there are other Gifteds. I didn’t need to think twice, I had already made my decision. I folded the letter, and hurried out of the study.
My parents were in the kitchen, and glanced around as I walked into the room.
“Have you decided already?” my father asked with a slight chuckle. I just grinned and held up the letter. “Yes. I would like to go to BlackWater. It says on the letter that the school will start on the 13th, and that I have to get on a plane to get to the school.” I had plenty of days to pack all my stuff and head out to the Salt Lake City airport before BlackWater would start. As if my mother had read my thoughts, she said, “You probably should go start packing anyway Tara.” I nodded, and I felt myself smiling as I quickly headed out of the kitchen and up the staircase to my room. Finally, maybe I would actually get to live a normal life, or closest to one I guess. I would be among other Gifteds, away from home, away from my parents. I would finally be able to feel free.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://bwacademy.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Tara's backstory and MISC Empty Re: Tara's backstory and MISC

Post  Admin Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:00 am

Tara In the AfterLife Intro
6-27-07
Tara was sitting on one of the high round chairs by the bar, her back toward the bar itself and facing the dance area. She watched the multi-colored lights dancing around the room, and listened to the music coming from a nearby speaker. Black eyeliner can be seen around her eyes, but not much. Her dark green heavy jacket must of stood out a little in the other colors around, her black tank top with a purple design under neither, but black jeans seemed to have fit nicely. Slowly she spun her chair in one direction, picked up a small glass of red wine on the tabletop and finished what was left in the glass. It was lovely. Like paradise, even though it was the AfterLife. As she set the glass back down, she spun her chair to where it was before. Tara noticed Alyssa around the other side of the room, and looked in her direction. It must have been years by now since they had met up again, Tara couldn’t fully get over how much Alyssa had changed her appearance. At least she hadn’t changed much as a friend. Friend. It made Tara remember another friend of theirs, Slash. From what they had seen recently, he looked in pretty bad shape. Taken away, and now being tortured by AGO. Tara already had something against them; they were they same people who had killed her. She looked down at the floor, thinking that if he was going to die soon, she hoped it would be quick.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:00 am

7-6-07

Name: Jack Stanley Kane
Sex: Male
Hair color: Dark brown, seems black
Eye color: Brown
Family: Katherine, Jake, and Tara
Girlfriend: Dana Eloise
Friends: Dan, Stacy, and Joey
Children: Not yet
Short Story: He is the younger brother of Tara, and son of Katherine and Jake Kane. Jack and Tara never got along well in their earlier years, like normal sibling rivalry. Only what made it worse was Jack seemed to have been more treated to by their parents, and always was hard on Tara, reasons because of her powers and her difference. During and after the year Tara went to BlackWater, he normally tried to avoid her to keep from fights starting again. After Tara leaves the house, he lives a relatively normal life. Goes to school, graduates from school, and goes off to collage in Colorado to study to become a lawyer. There he meets Dana, his current girlfriend, and a few of his friends.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:02 am

7-6-07

Tara’s Death
Date: October 13

It felt weird in the house. Quiet. Eerie, even with music and other sounds all around. It’s like this almost all the time; even when good friends are over. Even when Napoleon is barking. Even after about 3 months since the last one had left.

I set down my drink on the small tap next me, and silently observe the living room and beyond. Empty. Or at least to my eyes. I feel a small sign slip out, and rest my forehead on my hand. But next thing I know, I feel something wet and warm wipe across my other hand on my knee and stare in front of me to find a large rottweiler giving me a big doggie grin. Of course, Napoleon. I sometimes don’t know what I would do without this dog. He whines a little, and lifts a paw up, as if to shake. I feel my eyes soften as I look at him. Grinning back, I gently take his paw and give a hand/paw shake. As I let his paw fall back to the floor though, I lean forward and hug Napoleon. He was there too when everything happened, and helped me remember. Even with just a hug.

When I had first moved here, I had gotten Napoleon for some company. A small and hyper pup he first started, but soon grew into a large and loyal dog. We both spent lots of times together. Went on walks, went to town, and met neighbors. Napoleon did seem like almost like a best friend back then. But, that changed a little when I got a phone call from some very concerned and unhappy foster parents.

I’m still not one hundred percent sure how they even got my number, but they did. And I’m glad. I wouldn’t have ever met Pheonix if they hadn’t. When she first came though, it was awkward of course. I was some stranger who was to be her Gifted teacher, and teach her about her powers and how to use them. She was some girl who had an attitude who had to live with not-too-kind foster parents who hadn’t even told her about her powers until they began acting up, and now had to live with some stranger. We had a few arguments at first, but those soon turned into small disagreements as we got used to this whole situation and each other. Everything was nice. I had good money making jobs, a good house, a wonderful dog, and now had a new actual human friend. But it again changed when the past suddenly shows up in your life.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:37 am

9-30-07 Tara Intro

Tara’s Intro to BlackWater (Second Version)

It’s another nice day out. One of the few last free days of no work, or school yet. Even the weather person is saying on the TV to get out and enjoys it while it’s still cool. Of course, I’m stuck at home while the rest of my family is out and enjoying the day.
My brother, Jack, is out with some friends. And he’s usually super-glued to his PS3, or Xbox 360 games all day.
Parents are away for the whole day. Gone to the Great Salt Lake further in to town see some friends of theirs. I guess they thought I wouldn’t want to go down to the lake and take a trip on a nice boat. But, hey, that’s parents.
I turn off the TV as soon as the News switches to a headline about war and other unimportant crap I personally don’t want to hear about.
With the TV off, it was quiet, almost eerie. I’ll never understand how only a single person could live in those big houses without getting creeped out when nothing on or when it’s during the night.
I stay on the couch, resting the back of my head on a pillow, and look up at the white ceiling above me for a moment. A window is on my right, and I tilt my head in its direction to take a peek outside. A few neighbors are out on a walk for some fun in the sun. They seem all the same; content, have a good amount of money, and the most important, completely normal.
I think to myself… Maybe it is supposedly for the best I don’t go anywhere. I’ve already caused enough events to happen. And I don’t want any more attention. It’s hard enough when you have bright red eyes, and natural red stripes in your black hair to not make people stare when you go outside. And that’s not half of it. How about living with the knowledge you could burn down a building or area you’re in just by losing your temper? That’s what I have had to live with for most of my life. Yes. I have, and still can burn things down. With one of the simple elements; fire. You see, that is my ability, my power. I guess you could say ‘gift’, but it’s more of a curse. Especially when it pretty much messes up your life.
I can’t help but glare down at those people. They’re just having a great time, and I should be joining them. But no. One, they would probably all keep their distance from me if I came outside. Two, I normally wouldn’t really care about that, but knowing my temper, I would probably say something that would only cause another bad event. Three, my parents are so freaked out about me they don’t trust me very well, and have put a camera outside the front and back door somewhere.
Thinking about my parents doesn’t help with my mood, but I’m snapped back into reality when I feel my hand gripped at something warm and smell something. I look down at where my hand was on the couch. There’s burn mark on the arm of the couch under my hand, and it seems like it’s growing.
I quickly take my hand off, and jump off the couch. Cursing to myself aloud, I head to the kitchen and grab any rag I can find, and dump it in the sink where there’s already some water. I dab the wet rag on the burn spot on the couch to help some, but it’s still very clearly there. I can feel anger at myself beginning to building inside me. I should have been more aware of myself.
I feel like beating myself up, but take in a deep breath and try to relax. If I get angry again, it will just cause something else to be damaged.
Leaving the wet rag on the on the burn, I slowly make my way back to the kitchen. That’s usually the best place for me when some things like this happen. Most of the things in the kitchen are either metal or stone.
I take a seat on one of the chairs along the side of the marble island in the middle of the kitchen. There’s a pillow on it to make it more comfortable. I don’t think I can burn things with my butt, so I’m not that worried. I rest my arms on the island top, and cross them as I rest my head on top.
I notice something out of the corner of my eye, and turn my head slightly. Just a pile of papers and letters. Someone earlier today must have gotten the mail before they all disappeared to their fun day.
Out of curiosity, I reach over and pulled the pile in front of me. I’m not going to open any of them, just seeing what came. Like I have anything else better to do anyway.
Bills.
Checks for Dad.
Checks for Mom.
Free magazines.
Coupons for food.
Ads.
More bills.
Letter to Tara… Hello.
I look at the letter again, just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming or anything.
Yup. It’s for me. Tara Kane is written across the front in a nice fancy text. But, this is unusual. I don’t get mail much. I get things on occasions from an aunt and uncle. Most of the time that’s during Christmas on my birthday, when they probably feel like they have to give me something since they give everyone else something.
I turn the envelope over, and slip my thumb under the flap on the side to open it and pull out the letter. And begin slowly read what’s written.
I feel the chair slipping out from under me until I’m standing on my feet as I lean closer to the piece of paper in my hand. A rush of a mixture of emotions seems to flows everywhere in my body, and I soon find myself giggle, which soon turned to laughing aloud. I stumbled a few steps away from the chairs, and fall to the floor. I feel a huge silly grin on my face as lean myself against the counter. I soon found myself up in the air, then down, and up again. I could just imagine how funny I must have seemed if someone saw me, jumping up and down while laughing like a complete idiot. But I didn’t care. All now that mattered was I was on my way out of this caged Hell.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down